Atlantic View House and Coach House
Terms and conditions
- The Contract is between Mr. J.W.P. and Dr. S.E. Garthwaite (The Owner) and the person completing the Booking Form (The Visitor). The contract is not effective until a 25% deposit has been received and confirmation sent from the Owner to the Visitor. Upon payment of the 25% booking deposit a binding contract for the booking is made between the Owner and you, the Visitor, which contract includes these terms and conditions. Neither party can thereafter cancel the booking unless in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 21 years or parties where the majority of members are under 21 years (except families and supervised groups).
- The Visitor will be responsible for all persons included on the form and should ensure that they are all aware of the booking conditions and house rules, which will be sent on receipt of the balance of rent or on request.
- The Visitor must notify the Owner of the names of all persons occupying the property and the ages of any persons under 18 and advise the Owner of any changes.
- Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone or e-mail and must be confirmed within 7 days by a fully completed booking form and payment of a 25% deposit. Your reservation will confirmed by letter or e-mail from the Owner once these have been received.
- The balance must be received no later than 6 weeks before your arrival. Failure to pay the due balance by the specified time will forfeit your booking and deposit. The balance must be accompanied by the Damages Deposit of £300 per week or part thereof.
- Bookings made within 6 weeks of the arrival date require payment in full at the time of the booking.
- The Visitor will be offered re-booking of the same dates the following year, such offer being open for 4 weeks following departure. The exceptions to this are Christmas and New Year or if The Owners opt to take the dates in question themselves. There may be other exceptional circumstances in which this offer is withdrawn, however The Owner will make every effort to accommodate return visitors.
- No Pets (the owners may occasionally have gun dogs staying in the winter so cannot provide assurances that the property is suitable for anyone with a dog allergy). No smoking anywhere on the property. This includes the parking area, balconies, the patios and the lawn.
- Occupancy: Atlantic View is let for a maximum of 14 people and Atlantic View Coach House for 8 people plus a baby or babies in cots, except by prior agreement and subject to a surcharge to cover laundry costs. If the maximum number is exceeded without authority this constitutes a breach of contract and the Owner may terminate the booking immediately. The Visitor will be liable for the full booking charge and the security deposit will automatically be forfeited.
- At no time may parents or guardians leave children or teenagers in either Atlantic View or Atlantic View Coach House on their own overnight.
- Unless otherwise agreed with the owner occupancy starts on or after 4pm on the day of the start of the holiday and ends no later that 10am on the day of departure to allow our cleaning team time to prepare the houses for the next visitors.
- A key deposit of £50 in cash will be required before the keys will be released. You will receive two sets of keys. It is your responsibility to return the keys, not the cleaner's responsibility. If you fail to return the keys not only will your key deposit be forfeited but the Owner reserves the right to withhold your Damages Deposit.
- Please leave the house as you found it, clean and tidy.
- Included in your rental:
- Self-catering accommodation.
- Linen sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, bath towels, hand towels and bath mats.
- Kitchen starter pack consisting of drying-up cloths, oven glove, dishcloth, scourer, dishwasher tablets, whites washing tablets, colours washing tablets and washing up liquid.
- Welcome pack including a bottle of wine, tea, coffee, creamer and chocolates.
- Cleaning on departure.
If you book a holiday longer than one week the linen will be changed on each Friday.
- Not included in your rental:
- Beach towels. Please bring your own and do not use the house towels provided outside the house.
- Oil (Atlantic View House only)
Electricity, water and oil are all metered. The meters are read at the beginning and the end of each let and the readings given to the Owner, who will then calculate the amount due.
- Damage, Loss and Nuisance
- The Visitor agrees to pay a £300 per week or part thereof Damages Deposit 6 weeks before the arrival date. The Damages Deposit will be returned to you as soon as possible after departure following an inspection by the Caretaker and reading of the meters, providing that the house is left in good order with no damage other than fair wear and tear. Failure to remove sand from your feet or shoes prior to entering the properties and subsequent damage to the timber floor surfaces is specifically excluded from fair wear and tear. Any such damage will be charged for. The Owners provide outside taps to rinse feet, absorbent door mats and facilities to rinse and hang wetsuits in the utility areas and you are required to use these.
- The cost of any damage and of water, electricity and oil will be deducted from the Damages Deposit and if it is insufficient to cover these costs you must pay the shortfall immediately. Any failure to do so may result in a Small Claims Court action.
- Supervision of babies, children and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Visitor at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the Visitor to leave the accommodation in good order and clean condition.
- The Visitor agrees to pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear (see point 1 above), incurred during the occupation.
- The Visitor agrees not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby properties nor to allow any of the occupants to do so.
- The Owners retain the right to reasonable access to the property by either themselves or their agents if deemed necessary.
- If in the opinion of the Owner any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and the Owners may repossess the property immediately. The Visitor will remain liable for the whole cost of hire and no refund of either rent paid or the Damages Deposit shall be due.
The Owners reserve the right to refuse or terminate (without refund) any booking where we consider there to be a breach of our terms and conditions.
- The Owners of Atlantic View House and Atlantic View Coach House have the legal right to reimbursement for loss due to cancellation.
- Once the booking is made the Visitor is responsible for the total cost of the holiday and it may only be cancelled by writing to the Owner at the address below or by email. If you cancel the booking more than 6 weeks from the start of the holiday you will lose the deposit. If you cancel the booking within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday the Damages Deposit will be returned but the balance will only be returned if the Owner is able to re-let the house. The deposit is non-refundable.
- The Owner undertakes to use all endeavour to re-let the house in the event of a late cancellation.
- Visitors are strongly advised to take out a suitable travel insurance policy to protect against cancellation. A suitable policy is suggested by the Owner after a booking is made, but any specialised holiday cancellation insurance is acceptable.
- The owners of Atlantic View House and Atlantic View Coach House cannot accept any responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the properties and their plumbing, electrical supply or any other installation or for exceptional weather.
- No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage to property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Visitor or any other occupants of the houses or to any member of the party during the occupancy.
- If for any reasons beyond the control of the Owner the accommodation is not available, the Owner will refund any monies paid, but will be under no further liability towards you.
Whilst the Owner makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions, they are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are any points of particular importance please contact the Owner for clarification.
- Whilst the Owner has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the information contained in its brochures, Website and advertisements and any other promotional literature is accurate, the Owner reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
- Prices quoted include VAT at the prevailing rate. They are subject to periodic change. If there is a change to the rate of VAT after a booking is made the Owner will honour the agreed price and will neither ask for a surcharge nor give a refund. The balance of rent due will be at the price agreed on booking.
- If it is the Visitor's opinion that there are grounds for complaint it is the Duty of the Visitor to contact the Caretaker immediately, or the Owner, if the Caretaker is not contactable, and in any event before departure, to allow remedial action to be taken. The Caretaker's contact details are clearly displayed in the houses.
- Failure by the Visitor to notify the Caretaker or Owner of any complaint in accordance with the timescale referred to above will entitle the Owner to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.